Friday, February 4, 2011

life is wonderful.

The school week has finally come to a close. Its Friday and 2:41PM. Work will be over sooner than I know it and my weekend will begin with uncertainty and spontaneity. I made it through another week, another day, another hour and I feel invincible.


At the end of the week I always find myself opening up to realize life's not so bad. I mean sure it has its ups and downs and its struggles- but it's beautiful. Life is wonderful. 


For the first time in many months, perhaps even years, my cousin and I had a conversation about God. He has been struggling a lot over the last two years with some personal and family issues. We all have. He started to lose his faith, started to walk a few steps ahead of God rather than just follow his footsteps but now hes back. I am so proud of him and his desire to serve the Lord again. He has always been one to keep pushing through till he just couldn't push any farther. But this time is different. He's pushing through without defeat. For a while now he hasn't heard the voice of God, he hasn't listened. Three weeks ago it became real for him again. Our prayers were answered. He felt the Holy Spirit anoint him and he left all of his pain and shortcomings at His feet.


I can not be more thankful to God for what he is doing in my cousins life. I stand in constant awe at his power and love. You may feel like he isn't there, like you are slipping and he doesn't exist- but listen. His small gentle voice is calling you, His graceful steps are guiding you, he is with you always holding you. Follow Him.


It is because of Him that I have recognized that life is wonderful. It is because of Him I will not give up. Not everything is perfect right now, but I know I will make it through. You know the more I think about it God is truly amazing. No matter where we are, no matter what we do He is always there. He'll never leave me.




Life is wonderful, after all.






"He'll never leave me
I know how much He loves me
He'll always stand beside me
Even when I fall
He'll be there to defend me
When I'm wrong forgive me
He'll never hold my past against me
But He'll be there when I call
I'll never be lonely
When the nights get long He'll hold me
He promised He'd be with me
And that's how I know....He will never leave me."